Financial Planning Services
Whether you are retired or just beginning to invest, you need a financial advisor who will listen to your concerns. At MEA, we take a personal interest in your financial security, and our focus right from our initial meeting will be to determine how we can assist you even in changing economic conditions. From comprehensive financial planning to estate planning and retirement income strategies, we discuss your goals and help you achieve your dreams.
Initial meetings are at no cost or obligation.
Comprehensive Financial Planning
When it comes to comprehensive financial planning, we will help you ascertain your set goals and financial objectives, then balance those objectives with your time horizon and tolerance for risk. Assets may be allocated in stocks, bonds, and cash (or cash equivalents), real estate, oil and gas, gold or other alternative investments depending on your needs.
These are some of the considerations we will discuss with you:
- What are your investment goals? Do you need income, or are your investments for future emergencies?
- When will you need the money you invest and how quickly do you need to be able to liquidate your investments?
- What is your risk tolerance?
- What are the tax implications?
- How do economic conditions affect your investments?
- Are you comfortable in foreign markets?
There are many varieties of wills and trusts to fit the needs of each individual. Only a qualified attorney should draft estate planning documents.
A few of the more common types of wills are:
- Basic will: typically this type of will gives everything to a surviving spouse, children or other designated heir.
- Will with a contingent trust: A typical example of this is when married couples with minor children pass everything to a spouse (or a trust fund), then to their minor children when they a certain age.
- There are many other types of wills to consider, including: Tax saving will, living trust without tax planning, living credit shelter trust, QTIP trust, and a qualified domestic trust.
Retirement Income Strategies
MEA uses an investment strategy with the objective of providing inflation-adjusted income for life. The strategy allocates assets in a manner that places a heavy emphasis on guaranteed streams of income that continue over long periods of time. This is extremely important because Americans are increasingly being forced to rely upon their own retirement savings to create the retirement income they will need. With longevity increasing and interest rates low, creating durable streams of retirement income can be challenging.
Long Term Care Coverage
If you are ever chronically disabled, ill or infirm, and have to pay for it with personal resources, the results can be financially devastating. At MEA, we can present the best options for Long Term Care (LTC) to protect you and your loved ones from the fallout of a protracted illness or permanent disability.
Socially Responsible Investing
If you seek investments with not only the potential for having a good financial return, but also based on businesses that are socially responsible, you should investigate the growing number of socially responsible investments available. Some corporate practices which are considered “socially responsible” are those that promote environmental stewardship, consumer protection, human rights, and diversity.
When planning investments for a college fund, the biggest question is where you should invest the money. We typically recommend that, if there is a long enough time frame the funds are placed in higher risk/higher return investments, and move them into more conservative investments as the time for college gets closer.
When we discuss college planning with you, we take a look at your total financial situation and your goals to determine when and how to properly allocate investments.